Friday, January 13, 2012



I was able to get some more work done on Crawford Grain today. First, I got a photo mosaic backdrop printed off and pasted up. I then blended the backdrop sky color onto the photo sky color. At first, I tried to do this with an airbrush but I got too much over-spray on the photo and on some scenery so I went to a brush and feathered it in. I like how it turned out.

Next, I started adding the structures that I'd been building on for a while. I've gotten most of the main structures in place. Next comes the details.

3 comments:

GRIFF said...

Looks AWESOME! I love the background. The whole thing looks spot on - like the real mill/photo. Incredible work Dennis!

Nate said...

How did you build the round cement bases for your grain silos?

Dennis Daniels said...

The two smaller bases were part of the Walthers kit. The large base was cut from a piece of 12" PVC pipe.

Been a slow layout week...

I've had a slow week working on the layout as I got involved in a few DCC installs on some locomotives. One thing I've learned is DC...